STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe “the Apostles’ Creed” embodies the fundamental facts of the Christian faith.
“I believe in God the Father Almighty; Maker of Heaven and Earth; and in Jesus Christ His only begotten Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell; the third day He rose from the dead; He ascended into heaven; and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from there He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit; the holy universal Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. Amen.”
2. We believe that there is one living and true GOD, eternally existing in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all things. (Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 44:8 and 48:16; Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:30; Hebrews 1:3).
3. We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible are the Word of God, fully inspired without error and the infallible rule of faith and practice. The Word of God is the foundation upon which this church operates and is the basis for which this church is governed. We believe that the Word of God supersedes any earthly law that is contrary to the Holy Scriptures. (Isaiah 28:13; Nehemiah 8:8; John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25; 2 Peter 1:3-4 and 1:21).
4. We believe in the person of God the Father, an infinite, eternal, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all those who come to Him through Christ Jesus. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Psalms 90:2; Psalms 102:27; John 3:16 and 4:24; 1 Timothy 1:17; Titus 1:3).
5. We believe in the person of Christ Jesus, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, his substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth. (Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Matthew 1:23; Mark 16:19; Luke 1:34-35; John 1:1-2, 8:58 and 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 1:2; Revelation 1:8).
6. We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit, Who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Christ; (Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 3:18; John 16:8-11; Romans 8:26 and 15:13,16; Hebrews 9:14).
7. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Christ Jesus and that He is an abiding helper, teacher, and guide. (John 6:13, 14:16-17 and 16:8-11; Romans 8:26).
8. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit. Each person receiving differing gifts as the Spirit wills. (1 Corinthians 12:1-14:40)
9. We believe that all people are sinners by nature and, therefore, are under condemnation according to Gods holy law. God graciously saves and regenerates by the Holy Spirit, those who respond to Him in faith and repent of their sins and confess Christ Jesus as Lord. (John 1:12, 3:16, 6:63, 11:25-26 and 16:7-11; Acts 8:15-17; Ephesians 2:1-3, 8-9; Romans 3:23, 5:8, 6:23 and 10:9-10; Titus 3:5)
11. We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all who are born again are a part of the Body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Ephesians 4:15-16)
12. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ instituted two ordinances for the church:
(a) Full immersion water baptism of believers. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38)
(b) The Lord’s Supper. (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
13. We believe in the Second Coming of Christ Jesus, which is His personal, visible return to earth and the establishment of His millennial kingdom, in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless separation of the wicked. (Matthew 16:27; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11-16, 20:11-15)
14. We believe in a literal Heaven and a literal Hell and that all those who place their faith, hope and trust in Christ Jesus will spend eternity in Heaven with the Lord, while those who reject Jesus’ free gift of salvation will spend eternity separated from the Lord in eternal judgment. (Psalm 9:17; Matthew 5:3, 5:22, 18:9 and 25:31-34; Mark 9:42-49; Luke 12:5; John 3:18; Hebrews 12:23; 1 Peter 1:4; Revelation 14:10-11 and 20:11-15)
15. We believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of the Church where all believers will meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the Tribulation that will come upon the earth. (Genesis 18-19; Isaiah 26:20; Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 21:36; Romans 1:18, 5:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 4:13-17 and 5:9; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Revelation 3:10, 5:7-10 and 7:13-14)
16. We believe that God created man and that He created them male and female. As such He created them different so as to complement and complete each other. God instituted a monogamous marriage between a male and a female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Therefore we believe that marriage is exclusively the legal union of one genetic male and one genetic female sanctioned by the state and evidenced by a marriage ceremony.
Marriage was instituted by God in the creation account, codified in the Levitical law, the Old Testament prophets compared Marriage to a relationship between God and His people, examples of marriage are in the historical narratives, and the wisdom (poetic) books discuss the unique unity of this relationship. Jesus explained the original intention and core elements of marriage, and several New Testament Epistles give explicit instructions on this union. Marriage is a picture of the relationship between Christ and His Church.
For this reason homosexuality, and all other “sexual preferences” or “orientations” are unnatural, sinful, and unacceptable to God. Accordingly, this ministry will not perform any marriage ceremonies between two individuals of the same sex. It will not condone or recognize such same-sex marriages, civil unions, or domestic partnerships. Legitimate sexual relations are exercised solely within marriage.
Hence, sexual activities such as, but not limited to, adultery, fornication, pre-marital sex, incest, polygamy, homosexuality, transgenderism, bisexuality, cross-dressing, pedophilia and bestiality are inconsistent with the teachings of the Bible and the Church. Further, lustful behavior, the creation, viewing and/or distribution of pornography and efforts to alter one’s physical gender or gender related appearance are incompatible with a true biblical witness. (Genesis 1:26-28, 2:24; Deuteronomy 22:5; Matthew 19:4-6; John 2:1-11, 4:16-18; Romans 1:18-32; I Corinthians 5:11, 6:9-11, 6:18-20, 7:1-3 and 7:8-9; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3-7, 22-33; I Timothy 1:9-11; Revelation 21:2)